In May 2019 Labour councillors proposed that Lincolnshire County Council commit to making the council’s activities carbon neutral by 2030. Tories said no and that 2050 was early enough.
Since then, Labour councillors have consistently put forward policies designed to protect the environment and to reduce motor vehicle use. At the same time we have recognised that in a rural county like Lincolnshire cars are a necessity for many residents and therefore are committed to keeping our roads maintained and in good condition
Labour’s policies for a clearly Green Agenda with funding identified include
- Mobility Hub/ Park and Ride service in Lincoln to reduce car use and carbon emissions
- Championing the use of electric vehicles
- Improving bus services particularly in the evenings and Sundays.
- Converting all street lights to LED
- Installing solar canopies for car parks to produce electricity to deliver power at electric vehicle charging points and
- Delivering an energy efficiency programme at County Council maintained schools to reduce carbon emissions.
Without exception all these policy proposals have been voted down by Lincolnshire Tory County Councillors.
Labour’s Manifesto for the 2021 County Council elections continues to Promote a Green Agenda