A bit about me
I’ve lived in the Carholme Division for over nearly 40 years so know the area pretty well. I’ve represented our community since 1989 and I’m also chair of the Carholme Community Forum and Vice Chair of Governors at St Faiths Nursery and Infant School.
Listening To You
Talking to local residents its clear that local councils matter because they are there to deliver important services that we all rely on. Over the last 4 years I have worked with community groups like the West End Residents Association, the Long Leys Residents Association and the Liquorice Park Trust to get things done that bring benefit to our local community. These include
- Getting Residents Parking introduced on Burton Road, Chestnut Street and Union Road;
- Making good use of council funding to help local voluntary groups deliver more services during the Coronavirus pandemic;
- Providing help and advice to local residents and small businesses on Coronavirus issues;
- Getting potholes, footpaths and streetlights repaired quicker;
- Supporting the application for a Public Right of Way to be created across Hobblers Hole
I’m honoured to be County Councillor for Carholme. If re-elected I will again, after Coronavirus restrictions are relaxed, hold regular surgeries in the West End and on Burton Road, deliver quarterly newsletters and above all listen to and act on your concerns.